Monday, January 9, 2012

Thai Monk Fish

Ok...I have been negligent! A combination of ending up the year, going to Hawaii and planning wedding stuff has led me to ignore Shokubi!

Yet, I continue to cook (hey, you gotta eat).

This is another Jamie Oliver recipe. I quite like his styles, boss! This was for a Thai dish-Monkfish, steamed in banana leaf with coconut milk and all sorts of lovely spices! You can find the recipe here

I followed the recipe to a T on this one, and it was delicious!

I found a really neat trick was to take the banana leaves and heat them up an open flame to release their natural oils. Really gives it such a better flavor!










2 comments:

  1. my gosh! looks so yummy! next time we visit you guys, let's cook this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great idea Shoko!

    ReplyDelete