Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Quick and Dirty Scrambled Eggs

When I was growing up, my mom made me eat scrambled eggs. It was a family tradition--scrambled eggs every sunday. I hated scrambled eggs! No flavor, runny and just all around disgusting.

When I moved to California, I met a friend named Daniel. He made his scrambled eggs with duck fat! My god, how delectable!

Whenever I roast a chicken, I will save the vegetable rack that I made for the chicken. I will also save all the fat that comes out of the chicken.

I take that fat, heat it in a pan, and add the eggs to it, scrambling it in the pan. I then cut up the carrot rack, add all the cut up fennel, onions, garlic and rosemary that I used to flavor the chicken.

Finish it off with a little lavender salt and pepper and it is delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment