Thursday, November 17, 2011

Bulk Goods

I am a big fan of bulk goods. Or, rather, I am a big fan of not wasting things, like packaging and containers. Bulk foods is the perfect intersection of two radically divergent political groups: tree hugging liberals with their desire to save the environmnet, and hard nosed cheap people, like myself. I buy bulk because it is cheaper and there is less waste involved than with convential packaging....reuse, reduce, recycle. I guess I am a bigger can of reuse and reduce!

I have been able to find the following essential cooking items in bulk, locally here in the Bay Area:

Whole Foods
Balsamic Vinegar
Dried Fruit
Honey
Olive Oil
Soy Sauce
Wild Rice
Farrow
Popcorn 
Red Lentils
Channa Dahl

Berkeley Bowl
Agave Syrup
Barley
Body soap
Couscous
Conditioner
Deli Meat & Cheese
Dried Fruit
Flour
Granola
Honey
Sea Salt
Shampoo
Lasagna Pasta
Lentils, Yellow
Lentils, Red
Linguine Pasta
Peanut Butter
Penne Pasta
Popcorn
Oatmeal (steel cut and regular)
Spices
Sun Dried Tomatoes



Market Hall
Farrow
Sea Salt
Olive Oil
Red Wine Vinegar

Oasis Market
Spices

No comments:

Post a Comment