Friday, November 18, 2011

Lavender Butter

This is a delicious butter that I use to make grilled cheese sandwiches. I also use it to spruce up pretty much anything...its delicious! 

Ingredients
1/2 stick butter

Cut the butter into small cubes, as to make it easier to smash and whip the butter. Its easier to do this with butter that has been out of the fridge for 30 minutes or so. 

With a fork or spoon, smash and mix the butter until it is soft. 

Add the lavender salt in small batches. Add the salt, mix and taste. Continue adding salt until you reach the flavor profile you are looking for. I find I do not want the butter too salty, and the lavender salt goes a long way. 

You can add as much or as little lavender salt as you want. I also add orange honey to this on occasion to give it a more sweet n savory flavor profile. 




No comments:

Post a Comment