Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Roasted Cauliflower & Potato Puree

I got this recipe from Vig's Indian Cuisine. Vig has a restaurant in Vancouver. Now, I have been to Vancouver. Why my friendly Canadian brothers and sisters didn't tell me about Vig's Restaurant until AFTER I returned stateside is a mystery to me!

This is a rich delightful dish that I usually eat with Chapatti or Naan. It goes great with most grilled or seared meats. I usually make this dish with Thai Chicken Satay. I spread this puree on a cooked piece of Naan and then lay the chicken (sans skewers) on top. You can also add some fresh lettuce and chutney sauce to finish it off.

Ingredients
1.5 lbs cauliflower, washed, drained of excess water and cut into 10 large chunks
1 large potato, peeled and cut into 2 inch cubes (preferably yukon gold)
1 tablespoon Garam Masala
1 tablespoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon Harissa
1/2 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup chopped cilantro


Preheat the oven to 450 F. In a large roasting pan, combine cauliflower, potatoes, garam masala, salt, cayenne pepper and Harissa. Stir well with your fingers, making sure the cauliflower and potatoes are well covered in the spice mixture.

























Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes, or until the cauliflower and potatoes are completely soft and almost mushy. Cool completely for 1 hour.

Transfer the cauliflower, potatoes and spice to a food processor. Make sure to get all the spices-don't leave any in the roasting pan. Add cream in small batches and puree until smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with some cilantro.





No comments:

Post a Comment